Technology Management in the 4th Industrial Revolution
A vision of the technology in 2020 from the Intellectual Property perspective
30 October 2017, 9:30-14:00.
Distrito Telefónica. Edificio Central, Auditorium B (Access A)
Ronda de la Comunicación
We are in the midst of a technological revolution without precedence. New technological paradigms such as big data, blockchain and the internet of things as well as major breakthroughs in fields such as artificial intelligence, natural language processing, autonomous vehicles and cellular networks (5G), are not only changing our lives, but also bringing new challenges in terms of managing innovation, technology and intellectual property.
In this workshop key figures from the academia, the industry and the public sector will debate about arising challenges and opportunities in the 4th industrial revolution with a strong focus on the ICT sector, as its main enabler.
Keynote speaker 1: Industry 4.0 and its impact on the patent system
- Grant Philpott. EPO, Principal Director
Academic approach to the new technology management paradigms
- Knut Blind. Fraunhofer Institute FOKUS, TU Berlin
- Andrea Fosfuri. Università Commerciale Luigi Bocconi
- Ester Martínez-Ros. Universidad Carlos III Madrid
Keynote speaker 2: How to protect the Big Data results
- Francisco Martin. BigML, Co-founder & CEO
The ICT Industry vision
- Claudia Tapia. Ericsson, Director IP Policy
- Michael Loch. GSMA, Head of Intellectual Property
- Heinz Polsterer. Deutsche Telekom, Head of Standardization and IPR Management
- Jason (Jianxin) Ding. Huawei, Head of Intellectual Property
- Tina Chappell. Intel Corporation, Associate General Counsel
Keynote speaker 3: The vision from European Commission about ICT Standards
- Emilio Dávila-González. European Commission. DG CONNECT. Head of Sector ICT Standardisation